The purpose of academic program review is to examine, assess, and strengthen programs. The areas in which program quality are evaluated include, but are not limited to:
- quality of educational programs, including an assessment of student outcomes,
- quality of research, creative activity, or scholarly work,
- quality of outreach activities and service to the University, the profession, and the community,
- contribution or importance of the program to other campus programs, and
- potential and future expectations for the program.
The review is intended to enhance the quality of a program and to assist in determining a program’s ability to respond to future challenges and opportunities; to evaluate strengths and weaknesses, and thus, determine future priorities; and to aid in shaping the program’s development plan.